- Detroit Tigers
- Chicago Cubs
- Boston Red Sox
- Philadelphia Phillies
- Washington Nationals
- New York Mets
- Los Angeles Dodgers
- San Francisco Giants
- Scott King (Creator/Fantasy/Lions Expert)
- Kip Loder (Editor)
- Michael Ferlazzo (NFL Expert)
- Ryan Keane (NFL Expert)
- @DallasCowboyNow (Cowboys Expert)
- Michael Hass (Bears Expert)
- Tony Chavez (Broncos Expert)
- Cory Cason (Vikings/Broncos Expert)
- Josh Collacchi (NFL Draft Analyst/Eagles Expert)
- BDrez (Patriots and Celtics Expert)
- Ha Kung Wong (Bears Expert)
- Kavin Caruso (Falcons Expert)
- @edvanwaes (Raiders Expert)
- Erica Schroeder (Patriots Expert)
- Kevin Clarke (Browns Expert)
- Rob Lara (49ers Expert)
- Casey Moffitt (Bears Expert)
- Joe Anderson (Patriots Expert)
- Dub Jezzy (Jets Expert)
- Collin Watts (Titans Expert)
- Jorge Contreras (Raiders Expert)
- Reggie Starks (Cowboys Expert)
- Zuri Irvin (MLB Expert)
- Will Soriano (College Football Expert)
- Jeremy Ghassemi (Soccer Expert)
- Matthew Riveles (MLB Expert)
- Mac Cassells (MLB Expert)
- Mike O'Keefe (College Football Expert)
- Blazersnotajoke (NBA/NFL Expert)
- David Kramer (Boston Red Sox Expert)
- John Thomas Menesini (NFL Expert)
- Chol Souders (Philadelphia Phillies Expert)
- Nick Scott (MLB Expert)
Saturday, March 16, 2013
The curious case of Dumervil vs. the Broncos
If you are a conspiracy theorist, there is no other place you would rather be than in the Mile High City right now. The curious case of Elvis Dumervil vs. John Elway and the Denver Broncos has the city abuzz.
After the signing of Wes Welker earlier in the week, many Broncos’ fans were making travel arrangements to get to the Big Apple for the Super Bowl next February. Now those plans have been put on hold as fans scratch their heads and try to figure out what exactly happened on Friday.
About the only thing Bronco country can agree about, is there was no way Dumervil was worth the twelve million he was scheduled make this year. Even the reduction to eight million seemed a little sketchy.
Beyond that, there is a whole lot of finger pointing and cloak and dagger theories going on. The NFLPA now wants an investigation of the whole affair.
Probably the most amusing theory is that Peyton Manning lobbied Elway to get rid of Dumervil so they could bring in Manning’s old buddy Dwight Freeney. For a team that seems to be building a “now or never” roster, this makes no sense. At the current stages of their careers, Dumervil is a superior option to Freeney.
A more plausible theory is that Dumervil purposely went past the Broncos’ imposed deadline so that he could get nearly five million from the Broncos in addition to what he gets from his next team. It wouldn’t be the shadiest thing that ever happened in the NFL, but it would be a big gamble for him and his agent to take.
The best guess is that if and when the NFLPA finishes it investigation, they will find an abundance of incompetence from both parties. This issue should have been resolved weeks ago.
By Cory Cason